[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Private Multi-User Conferencing

Andreas Monitzer jig at monitzer.com
Tue May 15 18:26:08 UTC 2007

On May 15, 2007, at 19:44, XMPP Extensions Editor wrote:

> Title: Private Multi-User Conferencing
>
> Abstract: Jabber client pretends to be a Multi-User Conference server

This XEP sounds very interesting to me...
Could you include a description on how to handle multiple PMUC rooms?
It's mentioned in the sentence "The central client, should it
actually receive such stanzas, MUST forward such stanzas onward as
described above without penalty to the sending client, UNLESS it is
managing multiple private conferences.", but that's it.

I don't quite understand how receiving clients should be able to
differentiate multiple PMUCs, since the messages would all originate
from <PMUC-hoster's jid>/<sending nick>

andy