[Standards] Presence Priority Implementation Guide

Stephen Pendleton pendleto at movsoftware.com
Thu May 17 15:44:59 UTC 2007

Are there any server implementations that will deliver "initial" or all
messages to all connected resources of a contact? I have found the most
common complaint I get is that messages get delivered to the "wrong"
resource.

As an example, if I am connected using a desktop client and a mobile client
I would want messages from a JID to be sent to both my desktop and mobile
client and only after I respond to a message I would want further messages
sent by that JID to be sent only to the resource I used.

This is similar in use case to mobile email where a person has their email
configured on their cell phone and desktop to "keep messages" on the server
so I can read my email and respond using either device.

I would think this is a very common case.