[Standards] Presence Priority Implementation Guide

Stephen Pendleton pendleto at movsoftware.com
Thu May 17 17:31:25 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: standards-bounces at xmpp.org [mailto:standards-bounces at xmpp.org] On
Behalf Of JD Conley
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 12:52 PM
To: XMPP Extension Discussion List
Subject: RE: [Standards] Presence Priority Implementation Guide

I was thinking this would be a good best-practice for servers. Our implement
currently picks the most recently active user (i.e. the last one to change
presence), but I think the broadcast would be best.

-JD

Do you mean the last one to change presence to an available state, or just
change to any state? What would happen if I was using a mobile with a
priority of 127 and a desktop of priority 10 and I changed my desktop status
to "away"? Would it deliver then messages to the desktop, even though the
priority was lower and the desktop resource was set to "away"?

Does your implementation change if there was a previous chat already in
progress between the two users?

Thanks