[Standards] MUC invitee not found error

Ian Paterson ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk
Fri May 25 12:14:07 UTC 2007

XEP-0045 currently only specifies the protocol for a single failure case
for invitations (i.e. when the other user declines).

Some other errors are possible. For example, at least one MUC server I
know of sends the following error to the invitor after it receives an
item-not-found error from the invitee's server:

<message from='room1 at conference.foo.com'
         to='user1 at foo.com' type='error'>
  <x xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/muc#user'>
    <invite to='user13 at foo.com'/>
  </x>
  <error code='404' type='cancel'>
    <item-not-found xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas'/>
  </error>
</message>

Can we standardize this (optional?) error and any others that MUC server
implementors can think of?

- Ian