[Standards] MUC invitee not found error

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri May 25 17:52:41 UTC 2007

Ian Paterson wrote:
> [...]

So I think we need to answer these questions:

1. In general, how should MUC services handle stanza errors they
receive? (Kick the occupant, return something to the original sender, etc.)

2. Specifically, how should MUC services handle message errors related
to invites they send out? IMHO they should return a single error
condition to the invitor and not return the original message error
condition. I recommend that we use <undefined-condition/> since the
invitation failure doesn't map to any of the existing conditions as far
as I can see -- unless we define a general <delivery-failed/> condition
in rfc3920bis.

/psa