[Standards] geoloc: PEP=user, <iq>=resource

Ian Paterson ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk
Tue May 29 16:06:18 UTC 2007

Different online resources might be in different locations. (For example
if I leave my computer switched on at home while I'm at work.) However
the geoloc PEP protocol (see Section 4.1 of XEP-0080) does not allow the
publisher to specify which resource the location corresponds to.

IMHO XEP-0080 should therefore mention that when geoloc is published via
PEP then it SHOULD refer to the location of the user, not of any
particular resource.

The XEP might also want to specify that the  geoloc <iq/> response
SHOULD refer to the resource - not necessarily to the user.

What do people think?

- Ian