[Standards] Re: compliance levels for 2008

Alex Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Tue May 29 22:38:08 UTC 2007

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Alex Mauer wrote:
>> Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>>
>>> Not every server deployment is connected to the Internet.
>>
>> No, but every server implementation could be.
>
> I rather doubt that the folks running the SIPRNET would agree. At least
> not in any operational sense of the word "could".

What, did the folks running the SIPRNet write their own XMPP server that
only works on the SIPRNet?  Isn't part of the point of SIPRNet to use
standard protocols on a secure network?  Couldn't any implementation
(not deployment) that can be connected to SIPRNet also be connected to
the Internet, and so support MU-C via s2s?