Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Wed May 30 14:55:06 UTC 2007

On 30 May 2007, at 14:47, Ian Paterson wrote:
> Kevin Smith wrote:
>> I don't think it would be too onerous to add a protocol which
>> drops iq to full jids for contacts with subscription 'none', and I
>> think this would address all camps' issues.
>
> This doesn't help.
>
> Non-subscribers can discover resource IDs through message exchanges
> (e.g. XEP-0155 Stanza Session Negotiation or XEP-0116 Encrypted
> Session Negotiation), and then perfectly legitimately send iqs to
> full JIDs (e.g. Jingle).

You're right; when I typed that what I meant to say was people who
haven't received status, either due to being on the roster or having
received directed presence.

While people don't want to give a subscription to people they
communicate with, sending a directed presence isn't too onerous (I
think Peter has brought this idea up before).

/K

--
Kevin Smith
Psi XMPP Client Project Leader (http://psi-im.org)