[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0216 (XMPP Intermediate IM Server 2008)

Mridul Muralidharan mridul at sun.com
Thu May 31 00:02:45 UTC 2007

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Mridul Muralidharan wrote:
>
>> Does recommended of basic become required for intermediate ?
>> Or do those stay recommended in intermediate also ?
>
> I think the consensus was that recommended meant recommended. So if it's
> recommended in basic, it is still recommended in intermediate unless we
> say otherwise.
>
> Peter

One of the changes we did recently was to move from a custom encoding in
case of special characters to the xep based encoding (our encoding
predated the xep and was loosely based on url encoding).
We noticed that not being compliant with the xep can have side effects
in s2s (interop 2006) and also makes it hard for users to exchange jid's.
This was the reason I brought up 106 earlier for inclusion.

Regards,
Mridul