[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0211 (XMPP Basic Client 2008)

Mridul Muralidharan mridul at sun.com
Thu May 31 00:11:38 UTC 2007

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Mridul Muralidharan wrote:
>
>> Since 3921 is mandatory, is privacy list mandatory too ? :)
>
> Ideally, rfc3921bis would be mandatory, since it reflects implementation
> experience gained since 2004. Same goes for rfc3920bis.
>
> Peter

bis spec does not say which to use - while 3921 does.

Currently our thoughts are to keep block list separate from privacy list
and apply whichever is enabled by client (if neither is enabled by
client, default privacy list would be - if either is enabled, only
privacy list or only block list) since we are not able to reconcile the
differences between both properly .. cant really make one a frontend to
another.

Also, there is an inability to add wildcard contacts - like in/not in
roster, in/not contact group, etc : need not be as powerful as privacy
list, but something simpler along those lines would be great.

Mridul