[Standards] geoloc: PEP=user, <iq>=resource

Joe Hildebrand hildjj at gmail.com
Thu May 31 14:33:08 UTC 2007

background, for those that didn't get the gist of Ian's question:

The intent is that all of the extended presence bits are related to
your core identity, not a device.  Although you may have devices in
different places, your human corporeal body is only ever in one of
those places.  You've got one combination of moods.  Extended
presence is independent of device; in fact, it outlives all of your
device sessions.  Yes, there has to be a client that updates this
information, but it should be the client that can intuit that it's
close to you in some interesting way.

We're just talking about making this more clear, no?  I'm fine with
that, but we might need to do it for all of the extended presence
XEPs.  Actually, once PEP starts to be more deployed (hopefully later
this year), I'd like to remove/deprecate the non-PEP parts of XEP-80.