[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0216 (XMPP Intermediate IM Server 2008)

Chris Mullins chris.mullins at coversant.net
Thu May 31 22:42:30 UTC 2007

PSA Wrote:
> Right. So I think you're arguing that we should make JID Escaping
> required in Basic Server 2008.

I'm a bit confused. I actually thought this was a client-side XEP.

That is, if I enter "chris at yahoo.com" as my JID, the client would escape
it before it's sent to the server. If it's not escaped, the server
throws back an error.

If this isn't the case, then how can the server parse,
"chris at yahoo@jabber at xmpp@aim at msn@coversant.com"? It's only the client
that's able to tell which part of this is the "username" and which part
is the server...

... at least, this is how we've implemented this XEP, in our SDK, in our
client, and in our server.

--
Chris Mullins