[Standards] Jingle scenarios

Justin Karneges justin-keyword-jabber.093179 at affinix.com
Thu Nov 1 20:11:55 UTC 2007

On Thursday 01 November 2007 11:49 am, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> I've started to add a large number of examples to XEP-0166. These are
> structured around "scenarios" such as a voice chat or voice+video chat.
> The idea is that these scenarios will illustrate many different session
> flows. The first two are here:
>
> http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0166-0.18.html#scenarios
>
> I will be adding more scenarios as soon as possible. Feedback is welcome
> regarding the existing scenarios, suggestions for additional scenarios,
> etc.

Looks nice.  Comments:

1) First scenario is ICE-UDP, second scenario is "ICE".  Didn't you mean to
say ICE-UDP again (or ICE-TCP)?

2) I don't understand the purpose of the 'content-accept' part of the
negotiation, in the video scenario for example.  It also looks like there may
be a typo (name='video-is-back' when accepting the removal).

3) How does the 'profile' attribute fit in?  I ask because I noticed that the
Jingle-Audio XEP mentions that the way to use encryption would be to specify
an alternate profile.  It might be nice to see the profile attribute used in
the scenarios (or if it is not used, what the meaning is).

-Justin