[Standards] Jingle scenarios

Justin Karneges justin-keyword-jabber.093179 at affinix.com
Thu Nov 1 21:01:16 UTC 2007

On Thursday 01 November 2007 1:30 pm, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Anything else?
>
> Basically these scenarios should force us to think through all the
> possible session flows, Jingle actions, profiles, payload types,
> transports, etc.

How about a discussion of the selected content payload types?  It is shown
which transport is chosen, but it is not shown which audio codec is chosen,
for example.

There is this text: "If the payload types and transport candidate can be
successfully used by both parties, then the initiator acknowledges the
session-accept and the parties begin to exchange media (in this case audio)",
which is probably fine to keep, but I'd like to additionally see something
that says "both parties have agreed upon using speex", since it was the
topmost payload type offered by both parties.  Or maybe I misunderstand
Jingle, and either party can send RTP packets of any of the listed codecs at
will?

-Justin