[Standards] end-to-end encryption meeting

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Thu Nov 1 22:49:41 UTC 2007

As you can tell from my submission of the XTLS proposal, the topic of
end-to-end encryption ("e2e") is once again on the table.

There is a long history to these discussions. Perhaps I'll write a blog
entry about it one these days.

History aside, the main thing is that at the Council meeting next
Wednesday, e2e will be the primary (and probably only) topic.

We held a preliminary discussion in the Council room today among some
folks who are interested (mainly the Board and Council, with invites to
two people who have implemented Encrypted Sessions and proto-XTLS):

http://www.jabber.org/muc-logs/council@conference.jabber.org/2007-11-01.html

The real meeting will be held next Wednesday, November 7 at 19:00 UTC in
the Council chatroom <council at conference.jabber.org>. The Council room
is open. Anyone can join the room. If you are interested in (we hope)
finally solving the e2e issue, please join the meeting on Wednesday (I
will send out a list of recommended readings soon). Naturally discussion
on the list before then is more than welcome.

https://stpeter.im/