[Standards] OpenSocial

anders conbere aconbere at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 18:15:54 UTC 2007

On Nov 6, 2007 2:28 AM, Nicolas Vérité <nicolas.verite at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I think you have all heard about the OpenSocial buzz...
>
> Do some of you consider making XMPP compatible/interoperable
> with this API? Is it useful/necessary/worth?

Making an http interface layer that transforms the api requests into
jabber messages would not be difficult. However I think the place to
start is for XMPP to look at adopting some type of http authorization
workflow (see OAuth, FlickrAuth, Etc.) This would provide a secure way
of authorizing web applications to be used as clients for users.

This weekend I put some good time into the use of xmpp as a layer to
support a social network (using the xmpp roster as the database to
storing trust relationships). And this would be greatly simplified
with an authorization scheme.

~ Anders