[Standards] Binary data over XMPP

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 09:26:58 UTC 2007

On Nov 8, 2007 9:52 AM, Tomasz Sterna <tomek at xiaoka.com> wrote:
> Dnia 08-11-2007, Cz o godzinie 00:29 +0100, Fabio Forno pisze:
> > One of the reasons I tend to use id bosh is the ability of keeping the
> >  session open when the client temporary disconnects
>
> XEP-0198: Stanza Acknowledgements already supports session recovery
> after disconnection with <reconnect/> element.
> It also ensures, that no packets get lost with the connection failure.

Too many xeps, sometime sou get lost ;) Yep it seems to work also for
tcp connections, there is a thing I cant understand: when the
initiating entity tries to recover from a packet of a previouos
session, how do the server choses the correct session if the <bind/>
of the resources and stanzas acks are offered together? I mean: in the
unlucky case of an entity having two open sessions and losing both of
them, how can the server decide which is the session to recover, but
adding some semantics to the ids?
--
Fabio Forno, PhD
Istituto Superiore Mario Boella