[Standards] XEP-0060: pubsub feature for RFC 5023?

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Thu Nov 8 15:43:10 UTC 2007

Tomasz Sterna wrote:
> Dnia 07-11-2007, Śr o godzinie 14:47 -0700, Peter Saint-Andre pisze:
>> It might be cool for pubsub services to offer in-bound publishing via
>> AtomPub (RFC 5023). Shall we define a discoverable feature for that?
>
> I don't quite get what you mean. ;-)

Ah, sorry, more context might help.

RFC 5023 defines the Atom Publishing Protocol ("AtomPub"), an HTTP
technology that is being widely deployed to do things like post blog
entries. I think it is also the preferred method for use in Google's
OpenSocial API. So quite a few implementations exist in HTTP clients and
servers, and a lot of information will get published this way.

So, I'm thinking that the following types of integration between HTTP
and XMPP might be interesting:

1. Enable AtomPub server implementations to output published data to
XMPP pubsub clients. This is defined draft-saintandre-atompub-notify.

2. Enable XMPP pubsub server implementations to accept publish requests
from AtomPub clients.

Probably Ralph Meijer can tell us if this is reasonable. :)

https://stpeter.im/