[Standards] XEP-0020: Feature Negotiation issue

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Thu Nov 8 15:55:50 UTC 2007

Tomasz Sterna wrote:
> Dnia 07-11-2007, Śr o godzinie 19:42 -0700, Peter Saint-Andre pisze:
>> [NOTE: XEP-0020 is wrong when it shows an IQ-get in Example 1, that
>> should be an IQ-set -- I think this is a simple typo. For instance
>> that's what we have in XEP-0095 and XEP-0096.]
>
> We talked about it on jdev, and noticed that XEP-0020 was heavily hacked
> lately. And it still shows some rough edges. ;-)

Lately? You mean version 1.5, approved on 2006-11-21? I don't know if I
would call that "lately". :)

Many of the early specs have rough edges for various reasons (we didn't
have as many implementors back then to comment on this list, we didn't
have as much experience in writing specs, etc.). Probably we need to
review them all and make them more clear, add more examples, etc. But
that's a big job.

>> I don't think 2.2 contradicts 2.1. Perhaps it would help for me to add
>> some flow diagrams and also show the example at the end of section 2.2?
>
> Couldn't hurt. :-)

OK, I'll add that to my .plan. ;-)

https://stpeter.im/