[Standards] s2s blocking of abusive users

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Thu Nov 8 20:15:58 UTC 2007

Recently on the jabber.org IM service we found that certain accounts at
other domains were sending abuusive traffic. Unfortunately we did not
have a way to ask the sending domain to shut off traffic for just those
accounts, so we were forced to temporarily shut down all s2s traffic
between jabber.org and the sending domain. It seems to me that it would
be good to have an XMPP extension that enables a receiving domain to
request that the sending domain shut down s2s traffic on a per-account
basis. If there is interest in such an extension, I will write up a spec
for it.

https://stpeter.im/