[Standards] Authorization over HTTP

Michal 'vorner' Vaner vorner at ucw.cz
Fri Nov 9 11:06:49 UTC 2007

Hello

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 11:07:03AM +0100, Tomasz Sterna wrote:
> Dnia 09-11-2007, Pt o godzinie 10:40 +0100, Michal 'vorner' Vaner pisze:
> > Some kind of single-use password? Could be useful for other things too,
> > like I want to log in from a internet coffee I do not trust at all.
>
> And again OpenID is a solution here.
>
> You are in an internet cafe, and type http://somesite.com/ in the IE
> there. SomeSite asks you for login. You enter your OpenID there.
> Your mobile in your pocket beeps, signalling that your XMPP IM client
> wants your attention. You take it out, and see a question:

Well, I ment something else. I want to connect to my XMPP server from
the cafe. So I (at home) generate single-use password on the server and
log in by that.

Would be nice if there was a XEP for "generate me one single-login
password". But it could probably be done with AD-HOC commands. Maybe an
informational XEP?

--
This email was generated by a biological random generator.
If you want more random text, just respond to this email.

Michal 'vorner' Vaner