[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Data Element

Tomasz Sterna tomek at xiaoka.com
Sat Nov 10 09:12:06 UTC 2007

Dnia 09-11-2007, Pt o godzinie 16:55 -0700, Peter Saint-Andre pisze:
> And there's always
> http://wiki.jabber.org/index.php/XHTML_Inband_Images
> too (I haven't looked at that in a while, but we might want a way to
> refer to the <data/> element from within the same stanza via a sid of
> some kind).

Well... This was the first idea we had when designing Inband Images
(thus the name), that we just attach BASE64 image to the <message/> and
refer it from xhtml part.

But it would prevent the reuse of already got images, and sender would
waste bandwidth by sending the same smiley all over again.

Thus we dropped the idea, and moved to the file transfer based method.

--
  /\_./o__ Tomasz Sterna
 (/^/(_^^'  Xiaoka.com
._.(_.)_  XMPP: smoku at xiaoka.com