[Standards] Reconnections and fast reauth

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 23:03:59 UTC 2007

On Nov 8, 2007 11:20 AM, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:
[...]
> (The assertion, and usage of it, gets complicated by whether channel
> binding has been involved, and MITMs - even legitimate ones like BOSH
> - complicate the issue enormously, but you get the drift).

Got the whole picture. I was pushing on bosh for these kind of issues
since the with a correct use of the sid/rid couple you fall in the
same situation of fast tls with external auth + session reconnection,
and it's already working[1] ;)

[1] though there are few servers offering bosh, and among those few
only a part gracefully handles disconnections

> It's not just an XMPP thing, it hopefully applies to all protocols
> using SASL and TLS, and therefore it's not a protoXEP, but an I-D.

agree

--
Fabio Forno, PhD
Istituto Superiore Mario Boella