[Standards] Binary data over XMPP

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 23:32:52 UTC 2007

On Nov 11, 2007 12:09 AM, Fabio Forno <fabio.forno at gmail.com> wrote:

> But if the ids are independently chosen by the clients there may be
> the risk of colliding acks, so how can the server chose in the correct
> way?

I answer to myself, when I read the XEP the first time I've mistaken
the id used for reconnecting with the ids used for acks. Since the
"ack_id" for "reconnecting" is given at the beginning of the examples
and then the example using it for reconnecting is described at the
end, I suggest to give it a more meaningful name in order to avoid
misunderstandings, as it happened ;)

--
Fabio Forno, PhD
Istituto Superiore Mario Boella