[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0167 (Jingle Audio via RTP)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Nov 14 16:28:44 UTC 2007

Unnikrishnan V wrote:
> Removal of session-info Busy will lead to the following condition not
> addressed .
>
> Calling an IVR and connecting to the client  from the IVR ( example
> are most prepaid international calls,  In SIP case:  its like  183
> with SDP  as response for INVITE and then collect  the DTMF and dials
> client  . Returns 200 ,486 etc according to the remote client.

Quoting from the introduction to XEP-0166:

   The purpose of Jingle is not to build a full-fledged telephony
   application that supports call waiting, call forwarding, call
   transfer, hold music, IVR systems, find-me-follow-me functionality,
   conference calls, and the like. These features are of interest to
   some user populations, but building in support for these features
   would introduce unnecessary complexity into a technology that is
   designed for basic multimedia interaction.

So I don't know if your scenario is realistic for Jingle.

Furthermore, it seems potentially confusing to have two ways for noting
that the device or person is temporarily unavailable because engaged in
another session (i.e., "busy").

https://stpeter.im/