[Standards] Nodeprep question

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Mon Nov 19 21:27:55 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am trying to find the rules (or the logic) behing nodeprep
processing as done by many libraries.

Nodeprep adds forbidden characters to usual stringprep tables. Among
those characters we find "/" (47).

Some libraries extend it to caracters such as c/o (8453). The rational
behind that is that it contains a fraction.

Is there somewhere a complete list of such unicode characters that are
implicitely forbidden by the following section of the Nodeprep RFC:

"In addition, the following Unicode characters are also prohibited:

       #x22 (")

       #x26 (&)

       #x27 (')

       #x2F (/)

       #x3A (:)

       #x3C (<)

       #x3E (>)

       #x40 (@)
"

I end up wondering why this other types of fractions are often
accepted by nodeprep libraries:
1/4: 188
1/2: 189
3/4: 190