Joe Hildebrand hildjj at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 23:22:01 UTC 2007

On Nov 21, 2007, at 1:12 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> 14. XEP-0115: Entity Capabilities
>
> Dave objected to removal of hash attribute and hardcoding to SHA-1,
> since that is not future-proof. Peter agreed that this needs to be
> included.

Are we realistically *ever* going to define a new hash algorithm?
Imagine the breakage that would ensue.

This reminds me, though, that if we don't specify hash, the v
attribute cannot be optional for new caps; otherwise receivers won't
know whether this is an old or new caps declaration.

--
Joe Hildebrand