[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0166 (Jingle)

Bernd Fondermann bf_lists at brainlounge.de
Tue Nov 27 20:40:33 UTC 2007

XMPP Extensions Editor wrote:
> This message constitutes notice of a Last Call for comments on XEP-0166 (Jingle).
>
> Abstract: This document defines a framework for initiating and managing peer-to-peer multimedia sessions (e.g., voice and video chat) between two Jabber/XMPP endpoints in a way that is interoperable with existing Internet standards.

> This Last Call begins today and shall end at the close of business on 2007-12-14.
>
> Please consider the following questions during this Last Call and send your feedback to the standards at xmpp.org discussion list:
>
> 1. Is this specification needed to fill gaps in the XMPP protocol stack or to clarify an existing protocol?
> 2. Does the specification solve the problem stated in the introduction and requirements?
> 3. Do you plan to implement this specification in your code? If not, why not?
>
> Your feedback is appreciated!

Two smaller nitpickings for section 1. ...

"with the negotiation being completed XMPP" - for my
english-as-a-foreign-language ears a word or two seems to be missing
after 'completed'. maybe "over", "using" or "inside"?

"but building in support for these features" - I am very unsure about
'building in'. it sounds strange to me in this context, "built-in"
sounded better.

WDYM?

   Bernd