[Standards] IMML

Michal 'vorner' Vaner vorner at ucw.cz
Mon Sep 3 14:42:39 UTC 2007

Hello

On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 04:18:29PM +0200, Jonathan Chayce Dickinson wrote:
> <message [...]>
>     (SomeClassInAStrangeProgrammingLanguage:
>       {SomeMethod:
>         Console:P("The console print method.");
>       :}
>     :)
> </message>

This one is nice. But, the preserve attribute would need to be in
different language and you can not do that without namespace prefixes.
Unhappily, there are many clients that yet do not support them (pity, I
know). But may I suggest something like:

<message …>
  <preserve xmlns='whatever:show:method:ns'/>
    …
</message>

(I agree that your way is correct too, and the clients should be fixed
for sure, but attribute in a different namespace is not in any XEP I
know of and may be troublesome).

--
I've already told you more than I know.

Michal 'vorner' Vaner