[Standards] IMML

Jonathan Chayce Dickinson chayce.za at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 15:32:34 UTC 2007

What you said is very true Michal, but you haven't taken it one step back.

If the truth be told, these clients are processing XML. The sooner they
wake up and smell the coffee and use a proper XML processing framework
instead of shoddy home-grown ones, the better. There are plenty
frameworks out there, just plug-n-play...

And woe-be-tide if a server has the same issues (it shouldn't, because
it's payload agnostic)...

XML stands for eXtensible Markup Language, note the 'extensible', you
should be able to add to it without worry for backward compatibility.
The fact that their client can not support extra attributes is, in
reality, a *bug*.

The only reason these clients will have problems is because they are not
conforming to XEP CORE. In which case, they are not our concern.

Am I not correct?

Maybe a Namespace something along the lines of
"http://etherx.jabber.org/new"? For stuff that 'belongs' in the core,
but can't be added since it was RFC'ed.

--
jonathan chayce dickinson