[Standards] MUC Spam and MUC invites

Adam Nemeth aadaam at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 11:41:34 UTC 2007

On 9/5/07, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:

> Agreed. We may in fact open up the chatroom creation again at
> conference.jabber.org. That will probably require more people to watch
> over the deployment (e.g., receive a jabber message when a new room is
> created so that admins can check up on it).

OK, this will work now - but if jabber gets popular, not for too long.

> See previous list thread.

OK, it seems I remembered wrong that this was rejected I'm sorry - in
my memories, somehow there was some explanation why the status quo is
better, yet this event needs / will need steps soon. Again: Spam is a
quick beast, and it goes after popularity.

--
Aadaam <aadaam at gmail.com>