[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0186 (Invisible Command)

Tomasz Sterna tomek at xiaoka.com
Wed Sep 12 20:28:30 UTC 2007

Dnia 12-09-2007, Śr o godzinie 13:43 -0600, Peter Saint-Andre
napisał(a):

> > Please do look at both the XEP-0016 and XEP-0186 specs.
> > It is spaghetti. So many conditions, corner cases, if this than thats.

> Sorry about that. We pushed that protocol into RFC 3921 before it was
> fully baked, I think.

Urm. I meant XEP-0018 Invisible Presence. And XEP-0186 Invisible Command
is same as Invisible presence, only the trigger packet is IQ instead of
presence. Both specs

XEP-0016 Privacy List is actually quite good.

Let's start speaking names, not numbers - less space for typos. ;-)

> > We do not have to mirror patches for deficiencies in legacy
> > protocols. We really could do better with Privacy Lists.
> I'm sure we could. The question is: do we throw away privacy lists or
> develop something better? I don't know if it is worth the time. Or at
> least I'm too lazy to work on a whole new protocol.

What I meant is that:
We really could do better [than simple invisibility] with Privacy Lists.

For the rest, let me start a new thread. :-)

--
Tomasz Sterna
Xiaoka.com  http://www.xiaoka.com/