[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Requirements for IM File Transfer

Unnikrishnan V ukv1977 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 20:59:08 UTC 2007

The shared white board and file transfer thread looks to me like  we need a
more generic  session protocol which is capable of doing

1) Whiteboard
2) File transfer
3) Voice/ Video
4) chat and MUC

mostly based on the <message> than <iq> ( it looks the core requirement
is to  "work with with the message session"  )  and able to accommodate new
services comes up.

It should be able to add /remove participants and able to do push at
required stages.

reason why i think so: we need new extensions for managing session and we
are brainstorming for that. Final out put can be one xep for generic
framework protocol and contents and transports or one xep for every service
( means white board, file transfer etc etc ) . The later makes really
complicated and tough to implement.

thanx
unni