[Standards] Shared Editing w/ Remote Events for XML

Thomas Charron twaffle at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 17:44:28 UTC 2007

On 9/27/07, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
> Thomas Charron wrote:
> > On 9/27/07, Thomas Charron <twaffle at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>   France Telecom has a whole slew of patents for things that
> >> personally, I disagree with.  Take a gander at this page:
> I think the prior art is pretty well established. BellSouth basically
> patented XMPP a few years back too, but we have good records of the
> early released software way back before any corporations were involved
> in our little community.

  Unfortunately, it could be sad, as once a patent IS granted, you
have a right to enforce it until it is invalidated.  My understanding
of the process is, those are two separate issues, which end up costing
money.

  But I digress.  I don't see it ever happening, I just find the whole
affair of patents in the modern day very, very depressing.

--
-- Thomas