[Standards] ACTIVE: XEP-0239 (Binary XMPP)

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 06:11:21 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 7:15 AM, XMPP Extensions Editor <editor at xmpp.org> wrote:
> Version 1.0 of XEP-0239 (Binary XMPP) has been released.
>
>  Abstract: This specification defines Binary XMPP, an obviously superior representation of the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP).

Great job Peter! We finally have an answer for the Android people who
ditched full XMPP support since it was too verbose.
Everybody can start using it today on its mobile, just go here
http://code.google.com/p/bxmpp/ and follow the instructions, though
you should also give a look at Pedro's implementation as soon as he
publishes it. Besides having the original idea, he wrote a connection
manager in perl (mine is in python), and since everybody knows that
perl is less verbose than python, that should be the recommended
implementation!

cheers!

--
Fabio Forno, Ph.D.