[Standards] new SIP-XMPP list

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Apr 2 14:55:09 UTC 2008

FYI, some folks who want to better define interworking between SIP and
XMPP have started an informal discussion list. You can subscribe via
either of the following URLs:

   mailto:sip-xmpp-request at xmpp.org

The intended outcome of these efforts is a full set of I-Ds that define
mappings for addresses, presence, "pager mode" messages, 1-to-1 chat
sessions (via MSRP on the SIP side), multiparty chat sessions (via MSRP
on the SIP side and MUC on the XMPP side), multimedia sessions (via
Jingle on the XMPP side), and eventually even features like file
transfer, notifications, and device capabilities.

We may also request a BOF at a future IETF meeting for the purpose of
forming a working group or exploratory group (in accordance with RFC
5111). However, that is yet to be determined. Right now we're just
hashing out some of the issues involved with interworking, so if you
have an interest in the topic, feel free to join the list.

Thanks!

https://stpeter.im/