[Standards] XEP-0235: data forms?

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Apr 2 21:38:19 UTC 2008

pavlix wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:38:05 +0100
> Pedro Melo <melo at simplicidade.org> wrote:
>
>> On Mar 30, 2008, at 6:18 PM, Fabio Forno wrote:
>>>>
>>> In fact I'd say that Data Forms are good when you don't know in
>>> advance all the possible fields, or when you have complex input
>>> schemes that must be rendered in clients (e.g. muc or pubsub
>>> configuration).
>> I think that only the second case holds, when you need to present it
>> to a human.
>>
>> If you don't know in advance the fields, your software will not know
>> what to do with them either, right?
>>

> Exactly.

Sure, but the service will send you only the fields it understands, and
your client will just present a data form and you'll fill in what you
know (the client doesn't need to understand all the form fields, just
like your browser doesn't need to understand the fields in an HTML form).

https://stpeter.im/