[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: IO DATA

Ola Spjuth ola.spjuth at farmbio.uu.se
Fri Apr 4 12:06:12 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'd like to add our strong support to the "IO DATA" XEP proposal. I
represent the Bioclipse project (www.bioclipse.net) providing a
workbench for life science that currently relies heavily on SOAP Web
services for remote execution of jobs. The biggest problem for us is
long lasting calls, as many of the calculations in life science are
computationally expensive and we have had big problems with
asynchronous calls over SOAP. This XEP looks very promising, and I
think it could bring several long-desired features that have been
requested by our users, such as stable long-running jobs and service-
discovery.

  In my opinion, Bioclipse will be an excellent showcase for XMPP-
based Web services, and we will continue to support this technology
in the future.

Best regards,

Ola Spjuth, M.Sc.
Dept. Pharmaceutical Biosciences