[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: IO DATA

Artur Hefczyc artur.hefczyc at tigase.org
Fri Apr 4 22:00:25 UTC 2008

On 4 Apr 2008, at 12:05, Richard Smith wrote:
Johannes Wagener wrote:
> Proposed XMPP Extension: IO DATA
<snip>

I second this proposal.

I've read this XEP and I love it.

This is exactly what I needed when I was working on the server
configuration
via XMPP.  I decided to use ad-hoc commands because that was the best
available way to do it. But I really struggled with conversion data
between
string and other types.

Using this XEP would be much, much more efficient and easier to
implement
as I could just skip all types conversion stuff and detecting/
remembering
what type apply to which configuration parameter.

I second this XEP as an official XMPP XEP :-)

Artur
--
Artur Hefczyc
http://www.tigase.org/