[Standards] disco-publish

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Fri Apr 18 09:47:45 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 16:09 -0600, Joe Hildebrand wrote:
> Yes.  The pubsub items response is funny though:
>
> <iq type='result'
>     from='pubsub.shakespeare.lit'
>     to='francisco at denmark.lit/barracks'
>     id='items1'>
>   <pubsub xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub'>
>     <items node=' http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items'>
>       <item id='368866411b877c30064a5f62b917cffe'>
>         <item xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items'
>               jid='cordelia at shakespeare.lit'>
>       </item>
>       <item id='3300659945416e274474e469a1f0154c'>
>         <item xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items'
>               jid='regan at shakespeare.lit'>
>       </item>
>     </items>
>   </pubsub>
> </iq>

Hmm, considering that I find the node namespace to be shared among disco
and pubsub, I didn't expect this particular example. For example
considering the example from XEP-0030:

        <iq from='kinglear at shakespeare.lit/throne'
            id='publish1'
            type='set'>
          <query xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items'
                 node='jabber:iq:kids'>
            <item action='update'
                  jid='cordelia at shakespeare.lit'
                  name='Cordelia'/>
            <item action='update'
                  jid='goneril at shakespeare.lit'
                  name='Goneril'/>
            <item action='update'
                  jid='regan at shakespeare.lit'
                  name='Regan'/>
          </query>
        </iq>

This should result in the list of three items to show up when sending a
disco info query to the node 'jabber:iq:kids'. So I was expecting that
one would publish those items to the 'jabber:iq:kids' node.

I also want to point out again that automatic subscriptions through Caps
are currently defined such that when you advertise to support a
particular namespace+notify, you will get notifications of all items
that carry payload in that namespace, *whatever the NodeID*.

--
Groetjes,

ralphm