[Standards] disco-publish

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Mon Apr 21 04:08:28 UTC 2008

Stephan Maka wrote:
> Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
>> I suggest that we remove the disco-publish feature from XEP-0030 and
>> implement it via pubsub or PEP if people really need it.
>
> What's the benefit compared to just resend presence with different
> caps?

disco-publish = publishing disco#items info. The main use case I've
always heard is retrieving a list of chatrooms from a MUC service and
staying logged in for a long time. Rooms are created after you receive
the original disco#items list. How do you learn about these rooms? Well
it would be nice to receive updates, eh?

https://stpeter.im/