[Standards] 0237: Roster Sequencing

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Wed Apr 23 10:03:19 UTC 2008

Hi,

I think version 0.3 is very god and clean...

A minor note: when the client receives the response with an empty
query (example 5, the roster has changed but the deltas will be
pushed later), I think we should mention to client developers that
their cached sequence number should not be updated. In this scenario,
the cached sequence number will be updated with the following pushes.

Maybe this is stating the obvious, but when we receive the full
roster in the reply, we must update the cached sequence, and when we
receive the empty version we must not.

Maybe an implementation note?

Best regards,
--