[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0181 (Jingle DTMF)

Paul Witty paulrw at codian.com
Wed Apr 23 10:29:08 UTC 2008

XMPP Extensions Editor wrote:
> Version 0.9 of XEP-0181 (Jingle DTMF) has been released.

In general I like the changes to this.  However, how do we now negotiate
RFC4733?  I assume we just offer it as a potential payload type in XEP-0167?

Also, can I suggest that code, duration and volume all be forbidden for
button-up actions.  If a button-down action is followed by a button-up
action with a different set of parameters, it is not clear which ones we
should use.  The addition of duration also confuses
matters if a message is received with a duration of e.g. 1000ms, and
then 50ms later there is a button-up action.

--

Paul