[Standards] Meta-Contacts: implementation notes

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Fri Apr 25 23:01:06 UTC 2008

>  How is one person going to have two geolocs? :)

That depends how you see geoloc. I see geoloc as being bound to a
resource (i.e. my work resource could be in XA during the weekend, and
should have a different geoloc than my home resource).

Any type of presence, be it status message, type, mood, tune, or
geoloc should be shown based on the resource that is picked to be the
active one by the client. So, be consistent, and don't start mixing
information from different resources: this is confusing, and most of
the time probably plain out wrong. (e.g. if my work resource has a GPS
and emits geoloc, and  my home resource, where I currently am doesn't,
it would show that i'm at work).

cheers,
Remko