[Standards] Extending private-storage [Was: Meta-Contacts: implementation notes]

Tomasz Sterna tomek at xiaoka.com
Sun Apr 27 10:19:12 UTC 2008

Dnia 2008-03-29, sob o godzinie 19:44 +0000, Pedro Melo pisze:
> Using private storage is not a big
> problem, except for the lack of notification on update.

Why didn't we pursue this yet?
The "Let's use PEP for this" hype is over, so maybe it's time to bring
the subject back?

IIRC there are two things with private storage people find annoying.
1. Lack of partial updates.
2. Lack of notification on element change.

AD. 1. This is IMO not a problem really. But I may be wrong. Does anyone
have a good, real life example of the situation, that this really is an
issue? (real-life example, not some hypothetical abstract "problem")

AD. 2. This is fairly easy to fix. One/two evenings work, to add it to
jabberd2. Is anyone willing to work with me on the protocol for updates?

--
  /\_./o__ Tomasz Sterna
 (/^/(_^^' http://www.xiaoka.com/
._.(_.)_   im:smoku at xiaoka.com