[Standards] Extending private-storage [Was: Meta-Contacts: implementation notes]

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Mon Apr 28 10:15:36 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Apr 28, 2008, at 10:59 AM, Remko Tronçon wrote:

>>  errr... PIP? aka http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0223.html
>
> I think his point was that implementing PEP just to get update
> notification for private storage is a bit heavy, and that he juts
> wanted to fix private storage instead.

I think that "just implementing notification for private storage"
will end quite similar to PIP in the end.

Notice that I'm not saying implementing full pubsub, just that parts
required for PIP.

And also, introducing this now, and expecting client to support both
private-storage-notifications (and solve that problem) and implement
pubsub (and solve several classes of problems)...

Well, I know which one I prefer....

> Tomasz, I guess the PEP hype isn't over yet ;-)

:)

Call it hype, if you must. I call it smart protocol ;)

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo
XMPP ID: melo at simplicidade.org