[Standards] stream restarts

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 15:16:23 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Stephen Pendleton
<stephenpendleton at hotmail.com> wrote:

> As a mobile client author I would be really in favor of this. It always
> seemed inelegant to restart streams and requires a parser reset. It also
> makes the state machine that describes the connection procedure less
> complicated and we always try to make things simple on the XMPP client side
> at least.

I don't know, because resetting the stream is a good way for
forgetting everything when you mix some oob data in the stream for
starting tls or compression.
I'm really neutral on this, before judging I'd like to see both messages flows.
On thing is sure: from the mobile point of view these are few more
bytes saved, so it's a good thing in principle ;)

--
Fabio Forno, Ph.D.
Bluendo srl http://www.bluendo.com
jabber id: ff at jabber.bluendo.com