[Standards] Message Mine'ing

Jack Erwin jerwin at jabber.com
Mon Dec 1 19:18:21 UTC 2008

Stephan Maka wrote:
> As a user I know and love the behaviour of Gajim: priority depends on
> the status (it's only high for available or chat and low for
> away/dnd/xa). Combined with the auto-away feature that many other
> clients have too will make messages go to the right resource without any
> intervention.

While this is an improvement, it still does not guarantee that I will
get the message on my preferred device.  If I am on the phone and my
desktop client goes auto-away then new messages get sent to my mobile.
Mine'ing is the only currently proposed solution that will always allow
me to handle a conversation on my preferred device.

Regards,
Jack