[Standards] Message Mine'ing

Joe Hildebrand hildjj at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 19:37:22 UTC 2008

Two things:
1) When you switch clients, there should be a presence change.  On any
presence change, the sender should unlock from the current resource,
and send to the bare JID again.
2) When I switch devices, I'd like to get at least the messages I
haven't seen from the old device to the new device.  XEP-146 section
4.2 has a mechanism for this.

I would propose adding text to the XEP to address and clarify both of
these, a more narrative description about locking and unlocking, and
clarifications to how in-order delivery guarantees unambiguous
knowledge of the winner.