[Standards] Message Mine'ing

Jonathan Schleifer js-xmpp-standards at webkeks.org
Tue Dec 2 19:25:00 UTC 2008

Am 02.12.2008 um 20:14 schrieb Peter Saint-Andre:

> Most servers do that. What I'm suggesting is more of the Google Talk
> behavior -- a message sent to the bare JID gets sent to *all*
> resources
> regardless of priority. That is, priority is ignored and maybe even
> deprecated.

I wouldn't want that, I really wouldn't want that. I have an mcabber
connected all the time on my router with priority 0. It's rarely used
and never used when any other client is connected. When connecting
from any of my other machines, the piority is 50 (if I'm using both
and none gets idle). So I get new messages to every machine. That's
ok. But I wouldn't want to also get it to my router, as there's no
need for that and would make merging logs a PITA once we have server-
side, encrypted chat logs (I plan to merge the logs of all my clients
into server-side logs then, so this will be a real PITA then).

--
Jonathan